LiteratureMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iXerie's GM Application

Go down

iXerie's GM Application Empty iXerie's GM Application

Post  iXerie Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:23 am

What position are you applying for : Currently applying for GM position

Name : Louis

Location/Timezone : Singapore , GMT +8

Time that I am available : Weekdays , 3am ~ 6am ; 3pm ~ 6pm / Weekends , 8am ~ 10pm .

Past Experience : I've been a GM on SoraAoiStory , a HeadCoder on HankStory & HeadDev of LiteStory . I've also had created my own server named xFactorMS few years back, but was closed down due to lacking of players as I didn't had enough funds to buy a Dedi to maintain the server & keep it 24/7 online.
I've great experience on Maple Private Servers , here's how I started off. Few years ago , I was playing MapleSEA, soon I got bored of the Slow leveling & wasting of cash to buy @Cash (NX in GMS) so I began to join servers mainly to have fun. After some time, I felt bored & created my own Server using a repack (ThePack) . After awhile , I learnt Java coding & stuffs . So from a repack , I changed to a source . I used Clean Odin Rev988 & started adding in stuffs & use it for my server. I managed to get some players to my server, about 10~20 players on average . Soon my Computer went down as I use it host for 24/7 . It overheat & some parts of the MotherBoard was damaged. I brought a new Computer after that & started to help / work in servers instead of continuing my server .

If you've found a hacker, what would you do : I would ScreenShot him / her right away in Hide, for proof, then ban the character. No second chances for hackers. I would post the ScreenShot on the forums for proof to show all the staff members.

If two people were in an argument , what action would you take : I would warp them to a certain map & ask them for the overview of this matter. Then , I'll do what can I do to help. But if the argument starts to get out of hand, I would mute both of them and tell them out that they have one more chance to stop. If they do not stop, I would jail them and let them have some time to cool down.

What does it mean to be a GM? What does the title/role "GM" Mean to you : It means the power to help people. I don't be a GM just to feel in charge or "cool". I do not beg for GM spots. It means that I can help people when the other GMs / Admins are off. A person that people / players can look for whenever they have problems or doubt about the server.

If you've caught your friend hacking, what would be his/her punishment : Well, I'll do the same by Banning him/her without chance . & I'll tell them Sorry, but my job comes first.

What makes me feel that I deserve the job : I am very helpful , mature, and friendly. I know when to joke and when to be serious. I know almost every GMs command out there, and know how to use my power & not abusing them . I' also know the basics of Handling a private server as I've also created my own server before.

Contact info : (Bob knows)

Extra Informations : As you have noticed, I'm also a Coder / Developer in some other Servers , that's because I have experience of coding / scripting .
I can code NPCs , Commands , Event Scripts . ( I can be a Coder too if you need 1 )
Other than that , I also have experience on .WZ edits , editing CMS & creating forums.

iXerie

Back to top Go down